United Way of the Plains is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors and all others who use our website or contact us. Maintaining the trust that you have placed in us is our highest priority.
Collection of personal information
- We collect and store personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address) that you have provided us via online forms, printed forms or phone. Examples include pledge cards, online donations, event registrations, and newsletter signups.
- We also collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- Only those United Way personnel and volunteers with a need to know information in order to perform their jobs will have access to your information.
Use and disclosure of personal information
- We will use your collected and stored personally identifiable information consistent with this policy and only to fulfill the purposes of United Way.
- We will not sell, rent, loan or otherwise share any collected personally identifying information to third parties or send mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will not share your personal information with any other organization unless you give us specific permission to do so.
- We will send you periodic information about United Way activities via email or printed publications. See below for opt-out options.
- We will only disclose personal information in order to comply with the law or in our good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law, comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of individuals.
Your control over information
- If at any time you would like to update, correct or delete your information, you can simply contact us directly (see below).
- You may also select to opt-out to receive any future communications from us (see below).
- When visiting our website, United Way of the Plains receives standard tracking data, including IP address, pages visited, length of time spent on our site and files downloaded; however no personal information is collected during the tracking process.
- Wherever you donate online, your sensitive information (such as credit card data) is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
- Only employees and volunteers who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or donor service) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
- The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- United Way staff and key volunteers sign a code of ethics annually and staff sign a proprietary information agreement upon hiring. Staff and volunteers are reminded periodically about the private nature of personally identifiable information concerning donors and all others who use the United Way website or contact United Way.
How to revise your information or opt-out of communications from us
1. Use the “opt-out” links included on email communications.
2. Contact us directly by mail, phone, fax or email:
United Way of the Plains
245 N. Water
Wichita, KS 67202
Phone: (316) 267-1321
Fax: (316) 267-0937
Approved by the United Way of the Plains Board of Directors Jan. 19, 2012.