United Way to kick off annual fund-raising campaign at September 6th breakfast
* 2007 campaign goal announcement
DATE: August 31, 2007
Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
Thursday, September 6, 2007; Food buffet: 7 a.m.; Program: 7:30 to 8:30 a.m.
Century II Convention Hall
* A message from the 2007 Campaign Chairman, Larry Schumacher (president and CEO of Via Christi Wichita Health Network)
* Results from companies that ran early Pacesetter campaigns this summer
* Premier of the 2007 campaign video
* Individual featured in campaign video will make some remarks
* Announcement of 2007 fund-raising goal
The fall campaign will help United Way of the Plains continue bringing people and resources together to address critical community issues such as care for the elderly, programs for youth, support for families, disaster relief and more. United Way raises funds, works with coalitions, writes grant requests, recruits volunteers and distributes gifts-in-kind for local agency programs. United Way also helps people find needed services and volunteer opportunities through its United Way 2-1-1 service (dial 2-1-1 toll free statewide).
Other Upcoming Events:
Oct. 4, 2007; Century II Convention Hall; Food buffet: 11 a.m.; Program: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Nov. 15, 2007; Century II Convention Hall; Food buffet: 11 a.m.; Program: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
CONTACT: Delane Butler, Vice President of Marketing, 267-1321, Ext. 4105