United Way of the Plains

Kansas Wildfires

How to help wildfire victims

We know you want to help.
That's why we want you to know the best way to help.

We are committed to bringing you the most current information on how to respond to the wildfires affecting Reno County and western Kansas. Check back often for updates.

Monetary Donations

United Way of the Plains is partnering with United Way of Reno County and United Way of Dodge City to respond to the wildfires in those areas. A disaster fund has been created for anyone wishing to make a monetary contribution to help with long term recovery efforts. 100% of all donations will go to assist those affected by the fires.

We offer three easy ways for you to make a donation today.

Donate Online Now Button   

Mail: Make checks payable to United Way of the Plains and include "Reno County Fire" or "Ford County Area Fires" in the memo. Mail to United Way of the Plains, 245 N. Water, Wichita, KS 67202.

Text to give: Text TEAMWORK to 41444. You will receive a link to complete your gift online.

Questions? Dial 2-1-1 for more information.

Material Donations

Individuals wishing to donate items to help emergency personnel or victims should call 2-1-1 (United Way’s 24-hour information line). Callers can have their items added to a "virtual warehouse". The item(s) and donor(s) will be tracked and items will be requested as needed.

Volunteer Opportunities

Volunteer efforts for the Reno County Fires are being coordinated by The Volunteer Center in Hutchinson. Please contact them at 620-665-4960 to register as a volunteer.