- Certified volunteers will prepare your taxes and even help you get tax credits you are eligible for putting more money back in your pocket.
- Services are offered by appointment. Locations across Wichita and in Sedgwick, Butler, Cowley and Marion counties
- For more info and to find a location near you:
2-1-1 is United Way's toll-free 24-hour information line.
- Visit myfreetaxes.com to file your taxes online for free.
- It's easy, safe and secure!
Each year, the BE$T* Coalition of South Central Kansas offers free income tax preparation for working people who have low to moderate income. Millions of dollars in tax credits go unclaimed each year because people don't know about them or how to apply for them. VITA** volunteers, who are trained and certified by the IRS, provide assistance to individuals who qualify and help them obtain credits for which they are eligible (including the Earned Income Tax Credit).
The BE$T Coalition of South Central Kansas was founded and is supported by the City of Wichita, IRS and United Way of the Plains. The coalition consists of numerous organizations.
Want to volunteer?
Learn here how you can help people with low-to-moderate incomes. No experience needed; free IRS-certified training is provided.
*Building Economic Stability Together
**Volunteer Income Tax Assistance