Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
Dolly Parton's Imagination Library fosters a love of reading and learning in preschool children by mailing them a free book each month until they turn 5 years old. United Way has been funding the program in south central Kansas since 2011. Since then, over 190,000 books have been mailed to local children.
Signups available for certain areas
The program is currently available in the following ZIP codes:
- Sedgwick County: 67202, 67203, 67204, 67207, 67208, 67210, 67211, 67213, 67214, 67216, 67217, 67218 and 67219
- Butler County: 67002 and 67010
- Sumner County: All ZIP Codes
If you are a parent in one of those ZIP Codes, sign up your child today.
Local enrollments depend on local donations.
The Imagination Library was begun by Dolly Parton in 1998, but is supported locally by community partners such as United Way of the Plains. Therefore, local enrollments depend on local donations.
If you would like to help support this program:
- Donate online here.
- Send a check made out to "United Way of the Plains" with “Imagination Library” in the memo line and mail to: 245 N. Water, Wichita, KS 67202.
- Contact Pat Hanrahan, president of United Way of the Plains, at 267-1321 to find out how to make a larger impact.
Funding for books in this area is provided by:
- United Way's Legacy Fund endowment
- Capitol Federal Foundation
- United Way donations